Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Should 13 year old kids play 18+ games?
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM,
Should 13 year old kids play 18+ games?
Okay. Should 13 year old kids play 18+ games like Call of Duty?
I've been playing multiplayer and I have no idea how they got the game. Honestly, I think anyone can buy any game (18+ etc) Via retail.

It's not like alcohol. They wouldn't check your ID.
So what do you guys think? Should 13 year old kids be allowed to purchase and play 18+ rated video games?
Add Thank You Reply
03-03-2013, 05:03 PM,
RE: Should 13 year old kids play 18+ games?
They should need parental consent. How do you prove that? Your parents buy the games.

But you know, now we have kids under 10, such as my 7-year-old cousin who got CoD because everyone else his age played it before he got it.

Parents need to step up with the child-raising thing. They're doing terribly at it.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
03-04-2013, 12:49 AM,
13 year old kids should not play these games unless permission from parents. Overall, they get away from it. Games like Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Gears of War, etc. influence kids to do bad things like cussing, punching people, shooting people if they have an airsoft gun or BB or even worse an actually gun if they get their hands on it, and even sexual things. I also don't want to see a kid raging. I don't play online games too much, but I do see YouTube videos of kids raging. It's very interesting. These kids are like brainwashed. I wouldn't call it funny, but it may had a little funny moment there and there.
I got to put something. Tongue
03-04-2013, 01:45 AM,
I played Halo, Tenchu and Spawn. i turned out fine and i was 9 or 11 at the time and those Games were 18+. I think it really depends on the Parent and how the child takes it at his age. Because at the time i played Tenchu (that game was like Blood-Spewing, assassination, Stabbing. Ninja Galore.) also Spawn, Max Payne, were really violent games too Also Devil May Cry. then again i also had Mech-Assault, Jet Set Radio Future, Blinx: The Time Sweeper, Pokemon,Kingdom Hearts, To balance out all the violence. I just really see it as, if your gonna let your kid play 18+ games just make sure you have a Balance so that they have a creative mystical aspect like the Tales of Series or Baiten Kaitos, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts. That way they'll want other games of interest then FPS.
03-04-2013, 01:50 AM,
Yeah, most of these kids turn out normal, but many are too obsessed with FPS to really think about anything else except (later in life) sex. It's quite sad, really.

I never played any FPS and I quite genuinely did not like the one time I played Halo on a cousin's 360.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
03-04-2013, 02:46 AM,
im guessing you got your ass-whooped, and he was like raging and t-bagging your dead corpse?
03-04-2013, 02:48 AM,
It was single player.
03-04-2013, 02:52 AM,
._. well then, im not seeing what made you dislike it?
03-04-2013, 02:54 AM,
I saw nothing appealing in it.
03-04-2013, 04:01 AM,
I've been playing grand theft auto since I was like 9
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »