Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Russian Tax Code
08-26-2013, 06:29 PM,
Russian Tax Code
It's a universal tax code for all Russia, without those pesky state taxes or anything.

The revenue comes from a VAT (Value Added Tax or "national sales tax") for the most part. Everyone pays the same VAT.

Next, the Russian government taxes corporations with about half of the US federal tax rate (20% IIRC). Then, the personal income through corporations has a reduced tax rate of 9%. For comparison, the US has 39.5% under Obama for both rates.

Also, people who are just on salary or something pay around 13/14% IIRC.

These rates do not change. No matter how high or how low, your tax rates stay the same, although I think there may be an exception at some low end.

(For the unaware, IIRC is "If I Remember Correctly".)

There are a few other, smaller taxes, but there's also another, more odd form of income: The government holds a lot of stock in old USSR corporations. In fact, there are government corporations like Rusnano that acquire small stakes in companies to aid Russian interests in the nanotechnology market. This obviously brings in revenue via dividends.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
Add Thank You Reply
08-27-2013, 02:02 PM,
RE: Russian Tax Code
How is this relevant in any way to anything on this forum?
08-27-2013, 03:29 PM,
I live in the USA.
08-27-2013, 07:04 PM,
(08-27-2013, 02:02 PM)SYKO Wrote: How is this relevant in any way to anything on this forum?
Debate if it's a good tax code...? This is the debate area.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
08-28-2013, 01:50 PM,
But this is a business forum for a games development company, surely the debate should be over something like Games development, storylines, the effect of media on the video game industry, how terrible a company EA is. Stuff like that. This random stuff about a country you don't live in and none of your user base lives in is kind of irrelevant. If you want to discuss Russian politics you should discuss something interesting that could potentially affect other parts of the world, like Putins new anti gay bill.
08-28-2013, 03:35 PM,
(08-28-2013, 01:50 PM)SYKO Wrote: But this is a business forum for a games development company, surely the debate should be over something like Games development, storylines, the effect of media on the video game industry, how terrible a company EA is. Stuff like that. This random stuff about a country you don't live in and none of your user base lives in is kind of irrelevant. If you want to discuss Russian politics you should discuss something interesting that could potentially affect other parts of the world, like Putins new anti gay bill.
Right. I'll post a topic about that, sometime.

In the meantime, this is the "Other">"Off-Topic" area. This is for regular news/debate. It doesn't really matter which focus area, although there are other areas for specific things, like "Paranormal & Conspiracy", "Games", and "Technology & Computers".
08-29-2013, 02:11 PM,
Yes that is true that this is the off-topic section and should be used for topics not related to the general purpose of the forum. BUT that doesn't mean you should post random things your user base has no interest in. You as the forum owner need to engender lively discussions about topics THEY are interested in, not you.
08-29-2013, 04:08 PM,
While I'll admit the wording should be a little better (i.e., adding an explanation of the topic of discussion as such: "Discuss how you think this tax code works and/or if you would like your country to have such a tax code."), I generally post what I'm interested in posting because it's something that people can discuss that may be new to them and they may find interesting. There's also times when I post things with the intent of showing something with which people are already familiar.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »