Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Russian Gay Propaganda Law
08-30-2013, 03:52 AM,
Russian Gay Propaganda Law
For SYKO and all others who care:

Russia has a new law which forbids the expression of gay propaganda to Russian children, while adults at/over 18 are okay for the gays to spread their beliefs. This law is controversial to the extent where LGBT activists are boycotting the Olympics. This has effects like banning public displays of homosexuality, which were already banned in Moscow, St. Petersburg, and most other major areas of Russia since they were too violent and dangerous, and the police legitimately failed to protect the protesters due to the masses of the majority of the Russian people (Over 50% of Russia supports this law. Over 80% opposes gay marriage. Over 40% is legitimately anti-gay, believing in exterminating, isolating, or treating/curing LGBTs.) who came out to beat the LGBT protesters in the streets.

I see a lot of hypocrisy here. Russia has not banned homosexuality, and yet gays won't protest Islamic countries having Sharia law including death penalties for LGBT people, legal "honor killing" where a father can kill females in his family for his "honor", stoning women for being raped, and more; to violate their "right to religion" in the UK by condemning Sharia law is "racist" and thus illegal, for instance.

Yet, people are calling Russia, which while under the Soviet Union and Stalin were in this photograph...

[Image: Reichstag_flag_original.jpg]

..."Nazis".

I don't oppose gays. I oppose them shoving their LGBT beliefs down the throats of children from cradle to grave and using it to advance left-wing politicians. Additionally, I oppose all negative influences on children, although not all of them should necessarily be illegal. For instance, many Russians believe in waiting until marriage, while Americans demonize such behavior. American media that demonizes "waiters" should be banned in Russia. In fact, Russian schools should teach abstinence-only sex education, since it is legal to do more effective means of such education in Russia, but I digress.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
Add Thank You Reply
08-30-2013, 12:51 PM,
RE: Russian Gay Propaganda Law
The Soviet Union has nothing to with this. The USSR, as you may know, dissolved in 1991. The people are calling the current government Nazis for persecuting the LGBT community simply because they are different. The Russian government has made the most ridiculous assertions in regard to homosexuality, branding it as the equivalent of pedophilia.

Also, the majority of the LGBT community isn't there to stuff propaganda down your throat. They want to be accepting as equals regardless of their sexuality. Yes, there are f-ckwits within the LGBT community, just as there are in every community. But that doesn't meant you should reject them out of hand. And how is it a terrible thing to teach children equality and that people are different and should be accepted and judged on their actions rather than sexual orientation?

Just one last point, you should teach children and teenagers about the benefits and dangers of sex, the potential consequences and teach them to form their own opinion on whether to wait or not, rather than teach them to always so no and leave it at that. The best way to approach the problem is to educate people about it, not ignore it and pretend it's not a problem.
08-30-2013, 02:25 PM,
These are Russians. Russians lived in the Soviet Union and constituted roughly half of its population IIRC. This law is supported by the majority of the modern Russian people. Are you saying that this law's proponents are Nazis?

The pedophilia branding was only applied by the KPRF (Communist Party), not the government, AFAIK.

Equality shouldn't mean children have to become involved with sexual things from Kindergarten onward, like in many areas of the West including the USA.

Also, it's bad for children to do that stuff. It's immoral, too. It's also a reason that society collapses. Why say it's beneficial to them at all?
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
08-31-2013, 03:06 AM,
I say in another 100 years they should be reversing the law I say.
08-31-2013, 03:44 AM,
Perhaps in a hundred years, they'll have repealed this one law? Sounds reasonable. I don't see Russia going back on this for a very long time.
08-31-2013, 04:28 PM,
I'm just saying that is how long it will take for the accepting gay generation to take power.
09-01-2013, 11:11 AM,
I never said anything about teaching kindergarten children the sexual side of things. Just to teach them to accept people as they are and judge them based on their actions, rather than on their appearance and prejudices. And how is teaching sex education immoral? It's better to be educated than not and people are going to experiment regardless of how much you discourage it. And, another about the bill I heard was that it was going to ban gay people participate in the olympics. How is that anything other than blatant discrimination?
09-01-2013, 11:27 AM,
That's a "Don't Ask; Don't Tell." policy. I don't really care for the proposal aside from the fact that it breaks the concept of gay rolemodeling but it would quickly become void after the Olympics end.

Anyway, you didn't mention teaching Kindergarteners about this, but I was taking the American perspective on it. The government of California (alongside many other state and local administrations) shove sexual education down the throats of even Kindergarteners. It disturbs me.

I don't like racism; if you knew American politics, you'd be astounded by the amount of racial politics where blacks try to guilt trip people who weren't around pre-1865 over slavery. It goes both ways. You have to teach people that, but a lot of Americans don't realize that blacks can be just as racist as whites. Thus, I can agree on the education to "judge people based on their actions". In Russia, they don't really "experiment" as much because they aren't taught to experiment and their parents will crush their asses with an iron fist if they do.
09-01-2013, 06:39 PM,
As far as I'm concerned anything politic is very messy. Add extra things like gay or drug rights and shit just hits the fan.
09-05-2013, 01:18 PM,
You're an idiot for assuming teenagers won't experiment. How else are they going to work out for themselves what their preferences in regard to anything are? The parents can't tell them what they like, no more than the government can. Also, I believe you're misunderstanding the term 'sex education'. It's not just about sexual intercourse. You may be aware that the word 'sex' also refers to a persons gender. If there is any sex education in kindergarten it's not going to be sexual. It's going to be teaching children that boys and girls are different, the structure of a family, so on and so forth. Adding education about homosexuality at kindergarten will simply expand family structure from 'man and woman' to 'man and woman', 'woman and woman' and 'man and man'. Hopefully, it will also teach children that there's more to people than just male and female.

Another thing; can you provide a single concrete example of a single society collapsing because of education?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »