Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Russian Gay Propaganda Law
09-05-2013, 05:57 PM,
RE: Russian Gay Propaganda Law
(09-05-2013, 01:18 PM)SYKO Wrote: You're an idiot for assuming teenagers won't experiment.
>as much
You missed a couple of important words. If morality is taught, it becomes less common.
(09-05-2013, 01:18 PM)SYKO Wrote: How else are they going to work out for themselves what their preferences in regard to anything are? The parents can't tell them what they like, no more than the government can.
Homosexuality is a choice in about 95% of cases outside of transgender people.
(09-05-2013, 01:18 PM)SYKO Wrote: Also, I believe you're misunderstanding the term 'sex education'. It's not just about sexual intercourse. You may be aware that the word 'sex' also refers to a persons gender. If there is any sex education in kindergarten it's not going to be sexual. It's going to be teaching children that boys and girls are different, the structure of a family, so on and so forth. Adding education about homosexuality at kindergarten will simply expand family structure from 'man and woman' to 'man and woman', 'woman and woman' and 'man and man'. Hopefully, it will also teach children that there's more to people than just male and female.
There's also personality types, but why is this necessary? Children shouldn't be exposed to this. Plus, to add homosexuality to the "family" is equivalent to dissolving the family. It's not a thing that belongs in the system. One could argue that the Bible "contains" other forms of marriage, but the Bible isn't the basis for the concept of a family. Additionally, the "forms of marriage" outside of one man and one woman contained within the Bible are condemned by Christ as being heretical and sinful in Luke 12:14 IIRC, where he says that it is even a sin to divorce your spouse and remarry until the previous spouse dies, since that is another way to have an affair.
(09-05-2013, 01:18 PM)SYKO Wrote: Another thing; can you provide a single concrete example of a single society collapsing because of education?
United States of America
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
09-06-2013, 09:05 AM,
What is you're understanding of the word morality?

Homosexuality is not a choice. This has been scientifically proven by objective, peer-reviewed studies. Homosexual men have been shown to have a similar brain structure to that of a straight woman, and a Homosexual woman has a similar brain to that of a straight male. Do you even know what transgender is? It's where a person who is objectively one gender, but identifies as the other. So a man who identifies as a woman. These people can still be straight or homosexual depending on their preference. So a Female to Male transgender can be in a relationship with another man and it will still be homosexual because they identify as male.

If it is a choice then I ask you, right now, choose to be gay. Did you choose to be straight? When did you choose to be straight?

Children shouldn't be taught that people are different? The most effective time to start teaching tolerance and acceptance is as young as possible. If the children accept it as the norm that people are different and should be respected regardless of their appearance then you'll have less problems in the future when they begin to act on their own. How is adding homosexuality to the family going to dissolve the family? It's just going to be different.

Please, please don't bring a 2000 year old, outdated, biased book into this. If you're going to insist and continue preaching its BS, then what's your opinion on slavery, wearing clothes made of multiple fabrics or rape?

(fyi Luke 12:14 is Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”)

Is America even collapsing socially? If it is, which I doubt, then I seriously doubt it's because of education. If anything it's probably the government to blame, and not just Obama. Ridiculous amounts of military funding, ridiculous student loan debt, ridiculous unemployment to the point where the people who put themselves into massive debt can't get a job with their degrees all most likely have something to do with these problems.
09-06-2013, 02:38 PM,
(09-06-2013, 09:05 AM)SYKO Wrote: What is you're understanding of the word morality?
Morality's definition really depends on context. In this case, it's teaching kids that it's mentally unhealthy to engage in intimate behavior before marriage.
(09-06-2013, 09:05 AM)SYKO Wrote: Homosexuality is not a choice. This has been scientifically proven by objective, peer-reviewed studies. Homosexual men have been shown to have a similar brain structure to that of a straight woman, and a Homosexual woman has a similar brain to that of a straight male. Do you even know what transgender is? It's where a person who is objectively one gender, but identifies as the other. So a man who identifies as a woman. These people can still be straight or homosexual depending on their preference. So a Female to Male transgender can be in a relationship with another man and it will still be homosexual because they identify as male.
Yes, that's correct. Some homosexuals are like that. 95% of homosexuals are just doing it for the attention, and are actually straight or bisexual. Thus, almost all cases of legitimate homosexuality are actually transgender people.
(09-06-2013, 09:05 AM)SYKO Wrote: If it is a choice then I ask you, right now, choose to be gay. Did you choose to be straight? When did you choose to be straight?
I chose to be straight when I was twelve. I will not choose to be gay.
(09-06-2013, 09:05 AM)SYKO Wrote: Children shouldn't be taught that people are different? The most effective time to start teaching tolerance and acceptance is as young as possible. If the children accept it as the norm that people are different and should be respected regardless of their appearance then you'll have less problems in the future when they begin to act on their own. How is adding homosexuality to the family going to dissolve the family? It's just going to be different.
It dissolves the family as it would be in any family-oriented society and forces children into environments that are strongly pro-gay nurturing to the point where many will choose to be homosexual instead of any other stance because they were raised to do it.
(09-06-2013, 09:05 AM)SYKO Wrote: Please, please don't bring a 2000 year old, outdated, biased book into this. If you're going to insist and continue preaching its BS, then what's your opinion on slavery, wearing clothes made of multiple fabrics or rape?
BEGIN SARCASM
Let's just skip that pesky "New Testament" since obviously Jesus' end to the laws of Moses (essentially caretaker laws for the era prior to Christ) are definitely irrelevant to the Bible.
END SARCASM
Might as well point out that you have little familiarity with the New Testament, which is really uncontroversial relative to the artificial (as in man-made, not divine) laws of Judaism. Also, bigotry goes every way. Blacks can be racist against whites. Atheists can be bigoted against Christians. I'm personally not really Christian; I'm an Agnostic theist. Pointing out a common flaw in gays' debates -- a claim that the Bible does not support traditional marriage -- is completely relevant to this debate.
(09-06-2013, 09:05 AM)SYKO Wrote: (fyi Luke 12:14 is Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”)
Yeah, I don't remember exact locations in the Bible.
(09-06-2013, 09:05 AM)SYKO Wrote: Is America even collapsing socially? If it is, which I doubt, then I seriously doubt it's because of education. If anything it's probably the government to blame, and not just Obama. Ridiculous amounts of military funding, ridiculous student loan debt, ridiculous unemployment to the point where the people who put themselves into massive debt can't get a job with their degrees all most likely have something to do with these problems.
You know that welfare is over quadruple the amount of military spending, right? People make more on unemployment checks and food stamps (free money) than on actual jobs. It's absurd and it's caused people to become voluntarily unemployed. Also, people volunteer to go into lives of crime while on welfare, which is why it's hilarious when my local news reports a drug dealer was caught by surveillance on his "Obamaphone". Also, people have no work ethic so they get these really useless, extremely niche degrees with no jobs and think it'll be a cushy and lucrative job in the future but then claim they were ripped off when they can't find employment and need a different degree and fail to succeed in life because the government encourages immorality via the education system to make them more reliant on welfare. Also, for probably 8-12 years now, teenagers here haven't gotten into relationships, since they just "hook up" outside of them.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
09-06-2013, 09:16 PM,
you guys should join the mass debate club
ha
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »