Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
British Taxes
09-03-2013, 11:31 PM,
British Taxes
Let's start at the VAT in the UK.

"20% Standard Rate;
5% Reduced Rate for home energy and renovations;
0% Zero Rate for life necessities - groceries, water, prescription medications, medical equipment and supplies, public transport, children clothing, books and periodicals."

So books and periodicals (magazines) are untaxed, but my home is just taxed at a reduced rate? That's messed up! Plus, when you actually buy a house, it looks like you need to pay standard 20%, which is also wrong.

Then, they have 20%+45% (20% after planned 2015 reductions) taxes on small business from their 20% corporate and up to 45% income taxes, which mean that the small businesses -- arguably the most unrepresented group on the planet, due to their lack of government support -- must pay the majority of their wealth to the welfare system, before any other taxes are factored into the equation. As many said in the "Traitorous War"/"American Revolution", "No taxation without representation!".

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now. I mostly made the topic because that VAT system was absurd.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
Add Thank You Reply
09-05-2013, 01:25 PM,
RE: British Taxes
Seriously? You did it again. You made another stupid topic about taxes from another country that none of your user base is interested in. There's more to the world than tax. And how are you in any way eligible to comment on it? It doesn't affect you in any way unless you intend to live in Britain at some point in the future which I doubt considering your somewhat confusing addiction to Russia.
09-05-2013, 05:58 PM,
Already explained everything in the other topic where you complained.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
09-06-2013, 09:07 AM,
Doesn't change the fact that you didn't learn from your mistakes
09-06-2013, 02:13 PM,
...Yeah, I still forgot to ask the questions about if people like having this tax code in their own country, etc. again. You do have a point.
09-06-2013, 02:18 PM,
No, not that mistake. The mistake that that you posted this irrelevant topic in the first place. The next time you want to start a topic ask yourself: 'Is this thread relevant to the forum? Will this thread lead to potential discussion?' If your answer to either of these questions is no, then you need to stop and think of something interesting and relevant to post.
09-06-2013, 02:40 PM,
Can you just post a complaint in the feedback section, please? I wouldn't like to derail this topic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »