Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Standard Miniprofiles
09-10-2013, 01:40 PM,
Standard Miniprofiles
We decided to only have miniprofiles on either side (vertical miniprofiles) for the following reasons:

1. Typical Screen Aspect Ratios - Screens are almost always designed with much more width than height.
2. Standardization - Almost all forum software place their miniprofiles on the side. As far as I'm aware, MyBB is pretty much the only one that defaults to top-based miniprofiles.
3. Integration - This miniprofile can be easily integrated into Ekunia Fusion, full profiles, etc.

This is contrary to Ekunia's current default, in which miniprofiles are placed at the top (horizontal miniprofiles).

It includes a status at the bottom, just so you all know. I plan to alter it with a few touches for the status feature before I post the new image.

Discuss what you would like to be included and excluded in the miniprofiles. I'll be adding a miniprofile design to this post later, but you might know it from this image from this topic.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
Add Thank You Reply
09-16-2013, 04:54 PM,
RE: Standard Miniprofiles
I think the mini-profile should be on the left-hand side. It looks odd for it to be on the right. I can't really explain why other than the layout looks unbalanced.
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM,
RE: Standard Miniprofiles
Oh, they're on the left side with Ekunia's upcoming forums, yeah.

I might move it to the left side on EF-IM, though, yes.

Some forums use the right side. I never understood it, myself.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »