Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Russian and American Values
11-30-2013, 01:16 AM,
Russian and American Values
[Image: 802px-Inglehart_Values_Map.svg.png]

This is an interesting "map" of values that I found. What do you all think? And why is USA more "traditional" and Russia more "secular-rational"?
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
Add Thank You Reply
11-30-2013, 01:40 AM,
RE: Russian and American Values
'Cause the idea of a free country leads a mass to believe they can criticize and belittle the true way the world works. It's a key in with moral as well. Not saying the Russians don't have a morality, I just think they know how to get their shit together, and no be like "WE'RE FUCKIN' RUSSIA WE'RE GONNA KILL YUH IF YOU MESS WITH OUR COUNTRY OR PERHAPS WITHOUT LEGITIMATE REASON, CAUSE WE'RE A BUNCH OF FUCKIN' BLOWHARDS!" Not all of America is like that, but, we do tend to get into shit waaaay over our heads.
"Gor-ie nie mor-ie; vyipesh do dna."
-Old Russian Proverb
[Image: Feel_the_grudge_by_HofEE_zps85f7c8ad.jpg]
11-30-2013, 02:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 02:27 AM by Nuke.)
RE: Russian and American Values
It seems that the map I found was made to reflect earlier times for America, but as of 2008, the USA is still more traditional than Russia.

I think that the verticals are inverted.

[Image: wvs-culture-map.jpg]
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »