Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Valvrave the Liberator
12-23-2013, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 04:42 AM by Nuke.)
Valvrave the Liberator

Watch at Crunchyroll.

This animoo is much better than it looks. I mean, if you just watch its trailer, it looks stereotypical. Some guy gets in a giant robot and kills a bunch of Dorssian guys.

This animoo is pretty ridiculous. That's basically why you would like it. I loved it, myself, although the last episode left me feeling like there was too much left unanswered. Go go Valvrave 2!?

Within season one of two, there are a ton of crazy things going on. In fact, I'm going to restrain it to the first half of season one for this list:
-Declaration of independence by a group of ~500 people.
-Successful self-defense operations using giant robots in a venture to reach neutral space.
-More giant robots are found in their territory and they decide to not utilize them.
-Second girl begins to love up on protagonist; she also pilots a mecha, now.
-Robot possession. Like demonic possession, except with machines!

This excludes all the spoilers of ridiculous things, too. Watch it.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
Add Thank You Reply
12-23-2013, 07:12 PM,
RE: Valvrave the Liberator
Since I can't go on YT, I just kind of looked at the preview of the video and it looks interesting since the art looks somewhat like this one animoo I absolutely adored. Sadly, cannot watch it. Ghhh, it'll be haunting me... Why did I even check this thread out in the first place? =w=
What a queer bird, the frog are
When he sit he stand (almost)
When he walk he fly (almost)
When he talk he cry (almost)
He ain't got no sense, hardly
He ain't got no tail, neither, hardly
He sit on what he ain't got hardly
12-27-2013, 04:39 AM,
I did not like the apparent end of the show. It was good, but very lacking in some aspects. It leaves a sequel to be desired, even though it looked like they wanted you to not want one.
Spoiler :
New JIOR, now the Third Galactic Empire, wins. However, there are so many plot holes. They forgot to mention how humanity now coexists with the Kamitsuki/Magius race. As well, they strongly imply Haruto died, but is it his complete loss of memory or his complete death? In addition, we don't know how he died, if he did.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
09-02-2014, 08:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 09:01 PM by Yamato Sutaga.)
The perfect metaphor for this animoo is a train going off its tracks and going down a mountain and speeding up along the way in season 1, around ep10-ep11 everyone who had an ounce of sanity jumps out because it's too much and two stupidly thrill-seeking guys at still in the train, subsequently hitting the ocean with too much inertia to stop at season 2, going underwater and eventually being crushed at the bottom of the ocean at the end of the show, just as you thought it was beginning to surface. A beautiful trainwreck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »