Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
A thread on me giving you constructive criticism, which you'll totally ignore
02-13-2014, 06:28 AM,
A thread on me giving you constructive criticism, which you'll totally ignore
This is a forum about video games, post things about video games.

This forum is not about you, stop making threads that only you would be interested in in a vain attempt to justify your stance because no one can be bothered arguing with you.

You are an Indie Dev, stop making idiotic, grandiose promises you have literally no hope of completing.

Since you are an Indie Dev, try to post evidence that you are actually working on something; code examples, design WIPs etc.

Make a small game to prove that you can actually make it and post it on he forum.

You claim to have a team working on this thing with you, post information about them, what their experience is, where they studied and such.

Don't just say things with no evidence, find actual legit evidence that backs up your view and try to learn something from someone with more experience than you
Add Thank You Reply
02-13-2014, 02:12 PM,
RE: A thread on me giving you constructive criticism, which you'll totally ignore
(02-13-2014, 06:28 AM)SYKO Wrote: This is a forum about video games, post things about video games.
I don't have much time to play them lately, so I don't really have much to post in regards to video games.

(02-13-2014, 06:28 AM)SYKO Wrote: This forum is not about you, stop making threads that only you would be interested in in a vain attempt to justify your stance because no one can be bothered arguing with you.
I make topics that I hope will encourage some discussion, usually with an issue that doesn't see much discussion.

(02-13-2014, 06:28 AM)SYKO Wrote: You are an Indie Dev, stop making idiotic, grandiose promises you have literally no hope of completing.
Name some examples and I'll give you some retorts.

(02-13-2014, 06:28 AM)SYKO Wrote: Since you are an Indie Dev, try to post evidence that you are actually working on something; code examples, design WIPs etc.
I believe I've stated before that I spend too much time doing actual work on Ekunia Fusion etc. to work on secondary "sample" projects. On the other hand, I'm probably going to show a new design WIP on Sunday, if I remember.

(02-13-2014, 06:28 AM)SYKO Wrote: Make a small game to prove that you can actually make it and post it on he forum.
Like I said, I'm too busy to program a secondary project. However, in March, we'll see a beta for Ekunia Fusion, so maybe you could use that as an example when that time comes?

(02-13-2014, 06:28 AM)SYKO Wrote: You claim to have a team working on this thing with you, post information about them, what their experience is, where they studied and such.
Alright, I think I'll actually do this, thanks for the suggestion.

(02-13-2014, 06:28 AM)SYKO Wrote: Don't just say things with no evidence, find actual legit evidence that backs up your view and try to learn something from someone with more experience than you
Are we talking about political debates or Ekunia, with this segment?

I tend to not use sources because you can always use a search engine to find it. If that doesn't work, then you can surely ask if I could give a source. If it doesn't have one, then I might say "OK, sorry, I was wrong."

On the other hand, with Ekunia "DevNotes", we just want to keep the community with a sense of what we're doing. We don't intend to just keep all the product all "top secret" and then release to an even smaller audience which is drastically reduced by lack of interest and updates.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »