Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Possible Contradictions
10-07-2014, 02:02 PM,
Possible Contradictions
Surely the US and Russia have contradictory laws in places. In the event of such an occurrence what would be the best course of action when making a post?
Add Thank You Reply
10-07-2014, 04:39 PM,
RE: Possible Contradictions
I can see why you were confused, but anything about the rules should go under the "Other Ekunia" section.

If you actually bother to read all the laws of Russia and the US to make posts on Ekunia, you're insane. Just try to operate within the law and you'll probably be alright, maybe get a warning if you just do a minor cross into illegal lands on the forums.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
01-23-2015, 04:42 AM,
RE: Possible Contradictions
A more refined answer for when Ekunia migrates to a new server infrastructure in the future:
Americans (as in, the side of the planet, not the country) should follow US law while considering Russian law to their knowledge.
Europeans, Africans, Asians and residents of Pacific Islands and Australia should follow Russian law.
Rule of Thumb if you're seriously concerned: Think of how not to be arrested on the internet. Don't post about how you smoked [illegal drug] last night, don't post about how you were a "customer" to some disreputable activity, and if you're really concerned, just look up some Russian laws on Google. You'll get a lot of sensationalism but you'll also find some gems of actual law somewhere -- e.g., Russia regards internet as a form of mass media, unlike the rest of the world which only regards non-internet media as mass media, so Ekunia is actually trying to figure out how to deal with whatever regulatory issues we may encounter in that regard.

Also, 18+ warnings if you want to be super safe.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »