Thread Rating:
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Why animoo Sucks
12-07-2015, 07:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 07:40 PM by Nuke.)
Why animoo Sucks
animoo sucks lately because of the emergence of what I call Valvravism, a belief system for production of entertainment inspired by Valvrave the Liberator. Application to fields other than animoo, mangoes , ranobe, and Western equivalents are called Valvravication.

Valvravism is a form of radically authoritarian commercial production of artistic projects that came to prominence during the Great Recession, which has been ongoing since 2008. Influenced by rule by the majority, Valvravism has seized much of the animoo industry in Japan, in opposition to the closely-related Cultural Marxism, artistic liberalism, and indie animation. Valvravism is usually associated to right-wing, strongly budget-concerned businesses.

Valvravism see the Great Recession as a revolution that brought revolutionary changes in the nature of the social role of the internet, society, politics, and technology as a whole. The advent of the Internet as a means of publishing and total mass surveillance and monetization of all members of society has broken down the distinction between consumer and producer. "Fandoms" have risen in which all citizens are can be involved with the revenue generation of the work in some manner during the lifecycle, including popularizing it via user-generated content. The Great Recession and government efforts at recovery and defense against the threats that have emerged in this time has resulted in the rise of a powerful elite capable of monetizing all people to provide economic production and logistics to support profitability, as well as having unprecedented authority to intervene in the lives of all people. The Valvravist animoo Industry views Valvrave as having made artistic freedom obsolete, and regard total focus of the Studios on good and inexpensive digital animation and differentiation at all costs as necessary to prepare animoo for bad revenues and to respond effectively to economic difficulties. Such a Studio is led by a strong Leadership — such as a Committee and a Board composed of the governing Investors — to forge artistic unity and maintain a stable and orderly budget. Valvravism rejects assertions of manipulation of the Fandoms, overoptimization for monetary gain, and other forms of monetization generally regarded as immoral in the past as automatically being negative in nature and views surveillance, targeting of degenerates and sexual paraphiles, and optimization of entertainment for maximum revenue at the expense of quality and artistic freedom as means that can achieve financial rejuvenation.

Valvravism advocate authoritarian Studios possessing minimal artistic license with the principal goal of achieving sustainability and debt freedom through cautious and tightly-controlled production cycles. Following the widespread publication of data sales to governments and use of unwarranted surveillance by authorities, few have openly described themselves as supporters of Valvravist policies, and the term is usually used pejoratively by opponents.

(Parody of Wikipedia's page on Fascism)
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
Add Thank You Reply
01-19-2019, 09:45 PM,
RE: Why animoo Sucks
If what you say is true, that's shitty. The whole reason as I understand it that animoo was allowed to explore way more antisocial/unpopular/intellectual ideas than western shows, which are constrained to flattering the narrow views of the hoi polloi, had to do with the mangoes ->publisher->animoo pipeline. My understanding was that a guy with a drafting table in his room could easily become a mangoes artist/author (partly facilitated by the ease of learning the animation style) and quickly and cheaply produce a comic of literally whatever he wants, with no limits (see: hentai). He could then distribute it over the web for free. From there, the most compelling stuff was picked up by publishers and the most compelling printed mangoes became animoo. Fundamentally the genre is good because it is founded on individual people, potentially extremely antisocial ones with dark fantasies in their heads, expressing themselves with no limits, and a very low technical/financial hurdle to clear before their mangoes can achieve popularity.

I posit that those of us who do not believe in the prevailing ideological orthodoxy of our day should start a grassroots comic movement of our own over the internet, to experience the same benefit as well as allow ourselves to detach even more from the "pop culture" swill enforced upon us by various powerful parties.
01-20-2019, 07:00 PM,
RE: Why animoo Sucks
>If what you say is true
I'm kidding anyway so it's not true.
If you like my posts, the best way to show your appreciation is to post on Ekunia.
Blogging on a Forum Everyday
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »